As we all know that Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for Group B and C posts. Therefore, it is important to know about the SSC CGL Selection Process 2018. Candidates will be selected for a total of 9000 (tentative) vacancies in the non gazetted posts of the organization. The selection of candidates is based on their performances in Tier I, II, III, IV, Skill Test and the Document verification. Moreover, Date of birth of the candidates will also be considered for the CGL Selection Process. Consequently, the department gives preference to the candidates according to their age, if in case two or more candidate scores same marks in the final merit list. Check full article for further details.
Overview Of The Official Notice Regarding Recruitment Process – SSC CGL Selection Process 2018
|Name of the organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Also known as||SSC|
|Post name||Group B and C|
|Total Vacancies||9000 (tentative)|
|Stages of selection||Tier I, II, III, Skill test and Document verification|
Important Points Regarding SSC CGL 2018 Selection Procedure
We are providing you some significant points in the event of the selection process. Candidates must read these points fully and properly. Consequently, given below are the points for SSC CGL Selection Process 2018:
- Selection of the candidate will be canceled at the time of document verification if he/ she is not eligible for the post. Therefore, candidates must ensure they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Success in any examination of the department will not mean any right to appointment.
- A person with a disability can be appointed against unreserved vacancy. Correspondingly, for this step, the post must be suitable for the person with the disability.
What Is The Selection Procedure Of SSC CGL? Various Stages For Selection
The Staff Selection Commission has stated the selection procedure in the official notification. It will select candidates on the basis of their Performances in Tier I, II, III examinations. A Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test is applicable for some vacancies. Candidates who do not appear in the CPT or Skill Test, will not be considered for the posts where CPT is required. A final merit list will be formed after these examinations. Given below is the detailed SSC CGL Selection Process 2018.
- Firstly, the candidates will be called for the Tier I – Computer Based Examination (CBT) after the analysis of online applications.
- The second step of SSC CGL 2018 Selection Procedure will be the Tier II examination. Therefore, based on the scores, contenders will be shortlisted category wise for the Tier II exam. Moreover, the department may fix separate cut-offs for each paper of the Tier II exam.
- The Tier III will be the third stage in the Selection Process Of SSC CGL. Aggregate performance of the candidates will be judged to shortlist them for the third tier.
- The Commission has set minimum qualifying marks for the Tier III examination. Candidates must qualify the third tier accordingly.
- Skill Test and Document verification will be the fourth stage for selecting candidates. Total performance of the candidates in Tier I, II and III will be judged for the fourth tier. Correspondingly the Skill Test is the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST). These tests are of qualifying in nature.
- Preference of the posts will be taken from the candidates at the time of online application or Document verification.
- Merit list will be calculated according to the marks of the candidates in all the three Tiers.
- Final selection will be based on the preference of posts of the candidates and their marks in Tier I, II and III examinations.
- Under SSC CGL Selection Process 2018, preference of posts will not be changed under any circumstances. Therefore, candidates must give preference for the posts very carefully.
Conclusion: The Selection Procedure Of SSC CGL must be known to the candidates. Eligible contenders will be selected based on their marks in Tier I, II and III examinations. Moreover, preference of the posts will also be considered under SSC CGL Selection Process 2018.